Saturday, September 30, 2006


Anyone that has ever tried to take a group shot can relate to this entry.
Earlier in the year, my mother and father-in-law went to Belgium on a missions trip. They brought back many nice things for the girls as keepsakes. Among the items were umbrellas made of lace. I promised to have a portrait taken of the girls with their umbrellas. Much time passed and having a baby took precedence over getting the portrait made. Now as summer has come to an end and fall is beginning, it is the perfect weather for some outdoor shots. Since I have taken such an interest in photography, not only to keep my scrapbooks filled but also to keep my flickr photostream at maximum upload capacity by the 15th of each month, I decided to take the pictures myself. So off we went to Shawnee Mission Park; camera, kids and umbrellas in hand.
I told the girls what I wanted and I also said I'd be taking some candid shots because some of the best shots I've taken in the past were candid. I had 34 pictures left in my memory card and after taking them all, I came away with 11 favorites. I've posted five here. The picture I've uploaded with this entry is not suitable for framing but it is so realistic, it will definitely make it into the scrapbook. The next shot is candid, and it is my absolute favorite. The following two are good, but they are single posed portraits. The last picture is (sort of) what I was aiming for (pun intended). Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home