Tuesday, September 26, 2006

I took the plunge!

OK, I did it. I started a blog of my own. I'm not sure I know what I'm doing but I figure it's worth a shot.
Hmm, now what do I talk about...

Well, my latest "thing" is spending (way too much) time on flickr. I'm totally getting into the variety of photography out there. I've posted to some 80-odd pools; mostly sharing some cool shots of my kids. I've been having a blast. I've gotten comments from all over the world and for the most part, have been totally encouraged. Today was the first time I received comments that I thought were unfounded. The group I posted to was a scoring group. The five persons submitting photos after mine were to "grade" mine as a miss or a bliss photo. Here's the photo:



This photo received three misses. I was disappointed, to say the least. First of all, the scoring should not have a technical basis (although this shot doesn't have anything wrong technically, i.e., lighting, composition, etc...). Nor should the scoring be based on the photographer's experience. The scoring should be based solely on whether or not the viewer likes the picture. Now I want to know, what's not to like? I know, I know, I'm totally biased because these are my kids. But hey, this is a great capture. Not to mention that the chaps on my eldest were my dads. Of course that bit of trivia was not included in the description on flickr; I didn't want any mercy "blisses". Well, I'm going to just chalk it up to a bunch of "artsy-fartsy" critics! HA HA! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home