Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Usually, when a movie finds its way into my heart as a favorite, or at least one I'd watch again, it is because of some line of dialogue...a line that is probably completely insignificant and most always overlooked by my peers...
I've had the following exchange in my mind all morning and have searched the internet over and over to try to determine which movie it came from, to no avail...and then finally, my mind's eye focuses and I can see it clearly......




You know, I was thinking,
I don't want you to be my doctor.



I don't want you to...
examine me and...



Why?



Because I like you so much.



And I... I don't want
to examine you.



You don't? Why not?



Because I like you so much.


The movie is Meet Joe Black.


of course you have to watch the whole movie to completely understand the meaning...the last scene is as follows:

You're here.



You bet.



Well, where did you go?



I don't know.



I don't...



I... I don't know,
you know. L...



It's all kind of blurred up
and hazy, but...



Would you know what I mean if I said
I don't think I'll ever figure it out?



But now I'm back.



That's it?



Well, I don't know what else to say.
Looks like a hell of a party.



You think so?



You look beautiful.



When you disappeared
around the corner,



I wasn't sure if I was
ever gonna see you again.



Hey, are you all right?



- The coffee shop.
- Yep.



I asked you if I said something wrong and
you said no, it was so right it scared you.



And then you said...



Forgive me for saying this,
but it's been with me ever since.



What has?



You said you liked me.



- No.
- You didn't?



I said... I liked you so much.


and the credits roll to the tune: Somewhere Over the Rainbow

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I can't believe someone I know actually likes that movie, too! I haven't purchased it yet, but I watch it every time it's on TV!

2:49 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home