Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Today, in Bible class, Makenzie learned Psalm 139:14: "I will praise Thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made..." I told her that verse was one of her grandma's favorites. She wrote it in her notebook and we worked at memorizing it. She wants to be able to recite it to her grandma.

Today we learned that Makenzie's grandma has breast cancer. We haven't learned the treatment course or any other prognosis yet.

What keeps coming to my mind is Jeremiah 29:11
"For I know the plans that I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope."

Makenzie is spending the night with her grandma tonight; Grandpa is out of town so Makenzie is keeping Grandma company. We planned this before we got the news and we didn't tell Makenzie the news. We're not exactly sure how much she'll understand. I'm not sure how much I understand yet.

I can't quite describe all of the feelings spinning around in me. I don't know how to react or respond at the moment. I am comforted that Scripture came to mind immediately. The verse I thought of is one that is commonly quoted. After having looked it up to be sure of my quotation, I read the following verses: 12-13: "Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart."

How comforting is that! That we have a Father in heaven who knows us, knows our innermost parts from conception; He wants only good things for us; and He will be there for us when we seek Him out.

I don't know what the future has in store for our family. However, I am confident that my Father in heaven will be there for whatever is awaiting us.

2 Comments:

Blogger Spinneretta said...

I am sorry to hear that... I will be praying for her.

9:21 AM

 
Blogger Melisse said...

Thank you, your prayers mean much!

10:37 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home