Wednesday, October 25, 2006

I love being a mom. My kids are my life right now and I wouldn't trade a moment with them for anything else in the world. I know they'll be grown and gone in a blink of an eye so I am treasuring every minute. In between all the loss of sleep, sacrifice, and headaches, there are hugs, kisses, smiles, and memories that bring such joy to my life. Besides the worries that no one warns you about before you have children, the most agonizing thing to deal with is watching them go through a difficult situation. It's so easy to just rescue them and tell them what to do. The really hard thing is to give them choices and then step back and watch. I pray that they make the right choices AND that they make it through those turbulent times unscathed. Knowing that going through adversity will make them stronger doesn't make it easier for me. It is during those moments that I begin to have the slightest understanding of the love that God has for us. How He must grieve over our poor choices and revel in our wise ones. As I write this, I'm also beginning to realize that these are times for my growth as well. It's truly amazing how all this is planned and orchestrated for our own good.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

Amen!

9:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home