Wednesday, October 25, 2006

In order to properly tell this story, I have to admit something: I'm old (sorry, Jill). At least my body feels that way at the end of the day. Every night I hang out with the heating pad on various achy spots. Recently, it's been my right rib cage because I've bruised my ribs from coughing so much. When I've had enough, I just toss the pad down and drift off to la la land. The heating pad has a white cord and that's plugged in to a brown extension cord and it is pretty much a fixture. Now that revelation is out, I can get to the story:
At 2 am this morning, I was just drifting off to sleep. I heard Makenzie's voice and then Doug's voice. I didn't stir too much because I figured Doug had the situation at hand. Before I could roll over and tune them completely out, Makenzie called out to me, "THERE'S A SNAKE IN THE HOUSE. MOM, BE STILL, IT'S RIGHT BESIDE YOU." Now, I open my eyes and peer up and see Makenzie with Doug beside her. I asked Doug if she woke him up (duh) and then it dawned on me what was going on. After explaining to Makenzie that what she was seeing was just an electric cord, I coaxed her downstairs to snuggle up with me. She heartedly climbed in and was shaking from head to toe. I could hardly contain my giggles, even still this morning.
So don't worry about those things that go bump in the night...watch out for the electric cords *HISS*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home