Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Last night, while taking a bath, I told Makenzie that she should wash her hair. I told her that her hair looked dull and lifeless, to which she asked, "what does lifeless mean?" I took this as an opportunity to further her understanding of root words and how one can use the root word to help determine the meaning of a word and also how to apply that meaning in context of the conversation taking place. After spending quite some time making sure that she was clear on the term, "lifeless" as it applied to the description of her hair, I was satisfied that she understood.
While combing her hair, after her bath, she asked me, "Does my hair look lifeless now?" I told her that it was wet, but when it dried, it would look nice. She then responded, "Well, I was just checking, because sometimes its not dead, it just gets tired."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home